Frame corrosion?

HokieMan

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. So far I don't think mine has. Got a notice from Toyota that I may want to have it checked.

Toyota appealed the class action lawsuit in June.

Hopefully, it will go in our favor and we’ll all get our frames fixed.

I had a 2000 Tacoma that Toyota purchased back from me. I bought and drove that truck in Chicago for a few years and then moved to Southern California with it. After years of driving it in the desert that is Southern California my frame had still rotted to the point that Toyota wanted it off the road. I begged them to replace the frame but they wouldn’t do it. They gave me $10,600 and pointed me towards the sales area. I hope you have don’t go through the same heartbreak.

I had a 2000 Tacoma that Toyota purchased back from me. I bought and drove that truck in Chicago for a few years and then moved to Southern California with it. After years of driving it in the desert that is Southern California my frame had still rotted to the point that Toyota wanted it off the road. I begged them to replace the frame but they wouldn’t do it. They gave me $10,600 and pointed me towards the sales area. I hope you have don’t go through the same heartbreak.
Y

Those few years in the salt in chicago did it in ! The salt gets in the steel and starts the process not the caloifornoa desert ! Think of it as a delay reaction ! No way did the desart have anything to do with the rust ! Keep them out of the salt!!!! I know of a 2003 Tacoma from Florida with lots of miles but no road salt and the frame is like new all original !

Fluid film is a bandaid ! When the Tacoma is new it needs to be sanded epoxy primed and painted ! 3 coats each with paint gun not rattle cans and only after a great prep and mask job !

yeah I got a letter the other day about I'm going to stop by the Toyota dealer next week and get some thing showing I came in just to cover me later on.

Back