Goodbye Frontier Hello Tacoma

Just bought a 2022 SR5 long bed after 11 years of a Nissan Frontier. NJ now Florida very soon. Hope I made a good move the Frontier was good to me for a long time. Tacoma just seems like a better truck now.
Well i've felt the same when i got my 2020 sr5 access cab, but the new frontier is pretty good. I ridden in a friends, the new frontier has way more power, rides plusher, and just feels planted on the road better than my sr5. Time will tell when it comes to reliability of both trucks.

I've driven a frontier a couple of times but never long enough to really critique it against a tacoma. My initial impressions were very good however never had it long enough to say I like this or that better or not. The one thing that turned me against Nissan's in general was their CVT transmissions, however as years go on more and more are using them, hopefully they're getting better.

Nissan cvt's are a pos the reason why we bought a prius when looking at cars as such. The new frontier has a smoother 8 or 9 speed auto than the tacoma's....it really works well when you compare it to a friends trd. I was very impressed with the frontier, yet i will say i like my tacoma's interior better. Imo, toyota needs to up its game if it wants to lead this market.

Welcome Jackborison and congratulations on the Taco…I’m in Freehold,,New Jersey,,and also going to head to Florida soon after retirement,,,:D what’s the chances!! We’re you at in Jersey?

Back