Got a question.

4x4Bo

Here recently I've noticed that I get worse gas mileage doing highway miles and better mileage doing city miles. Anyone else seeing this. It started when the weather started getting a little cooler. I live in Florida so we dont get bad winters. I have a cold air intake installed thinking, ok cooler weather should improve my mileage. Yeah, no. Like most of you I'm getting in the 16's city but when I hit the highway it drops to 12 or 13. My filters clean and everything's in working order. A few months ago I put in a accelerator switch. That didn't help. Then I purchased a computer chip that was supposed to get me better gas mileage and 30 more horsepower and that didn't work. It does feel like I've got more horsepower but didn't change my gas mileage. I'm at a loss here.

Here recently I've noticed that I get worse gas mileage doing highway miles and better mileage doing city miles. Anyone else seeing this. It started when the weather started getting a little cooler. I live in Florida so we dont get bad winters. I have a cold air intake installed thinking, ok cooler weather should improve my mileage. Yeah, no. Like most of you I'm getting in the 16's city but when I hit the highway it drops to 12 or 13. My filters clean and everything's in working order. A few months ago I put in a accelerator switch. That didn't help. Then I purchased a computer chip that was supposed to get me better gas mileage and 30 more horsepower and that didn't work. It does feel like I've got more horsepower but didn't change my gas mileage. I'm at a loss here.
Welcome to the forum!

What is this chip and accelerator switch?

My tanks are usually between 17 and 20. I don't drive in any city, my town has like 5 red lights but I usually take dirt roads to avoid most of town. [emoji23]
This was last weekend on a ~4 hr trip, 65-75 mph most of the way.
*I'm also on load range D 285's, 2"lift and OV tuned...
20190525_142957.jpg

Back