Gasket blown and engine seized
2006 Blue Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD 6cyl 4.0L Double Cab
1st owner
Good Condition
249k miles all in SoCal
No Rust on frame
Paint oxidation on Roof and Hood only
Stock

How much should I be looking to sell it for?

Thanks
Justin

Last edited:
Sorry to her this. You can make quite a bit more money parting it out over selling it outright. Depends if you wanna mess around taking parts off n listing them.

any vehicle shud be worth 2K at the junkyard scale.

Thank you, I was thinking similarly. Just not sure if its worth it to swap the engine with a remanufactured or low mileage used engine.
You could swap an engine.....I think most Taco owners aren't gonna give up that 4.0L unless a totaled Taco from an accident and they have it sitting around. Reman 4.0L probly gonna be a pretty penny.....spending that kinda of money and labor is your decision and nobody else's....have to remember the rest of the truck has 250K miles on her.....engine may be good and start replacing bearings and seals then you have to consider how much money you're putting in it will you get the miles back in return.

You could swap an engine.....I think most Taco owners aren't gonna give up that 4.0L unless a totaled Taco from an accident and they have it sitting around. Reman 4.0L probly gonna be a pretty penny.....spending that kinda of money and labor is your decision and nobody else's....have to remember the rest of the truck has 250K miles on her.....engine may be good and start replacing bearings and seals then you have to consider how much money you're putting in it will you get the miles back in return.
Starting to lean toward putting in a Jasper Remanufactured motor. At least it'll come with a 3yr/100k mile warranty.

Starting to lean toward putting in a Jasper Remanufactured motor. At least it'll come with a 3yr/100k mile warranty.
I agree with the reman engine vs a junk yard motor however I have one bit of advice. Price it out ordering direct from whatever reman company you decide then take a tour of auto parts stores, Advance Auto, O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, Napa. Talk to the person running the commercial dept and see what they are willing to sell the same engine for. They have the ability to mark the price down, to a point, if they are so Inclined. That Individual might need that sale to meet his goal and want you're business.

Back