Hill Assist 2019 Tacoma off road

Michael T

First time on a forum, but not a first time Toyota owner 4 tacomas ,1 4Runner
I’ll try to make this as short as possible, purchased number 4 Tacoma last year 2019 off road love Toyotas but this one disappoints when I stop on a hill and take my foot off the brake it immediately begins to roll back causing abs light to come and snaps and pops stops rolling for a split second than repeats. I’ve never had this happen before, the first 6 months didn’t do this. I’ve taken it to two different Toyota dealerships
First one charged $150 diagnostic fee then told me they all did that. Just didn’t sound right and I hate that sound . So I took it to Second dealership where I bought it they began by telling me they all do that, my sister has a 2020 sport Tacoma it does not do that , the hill assist holds for 3 seconds then releases brake like it’s supposed to do. Brought her and her truck this time mechanic took both for test drive couldn’t explain hour later he came back and said 2019 hill assist operates off abs sports mod operates off vacuum system . Is this true?does anyone know

Is this a manual, or auto? My 2020 auto will roll back on steep hills if stopped. I have to hold the brake or press slightly on the go petal to raise the rpm.

Automatics will still roll back if the engine rpm are not high enough to overcome the grade. Mine doesn't make any odd noise's when this happens.

Back