... how 350,000 tacoMiles roll ...

some may
some may not

cannot do that there with one of those newer taco, and many '98s cannot do that there

pure old-school marvel, it certainly is...

Last edited:
Says the guy who's already spent more in replacement parts than what the truck originally costs to make it that far. Nothing new there.

Last edited:
It's not surprising. Most owners forget everything that they'd spent into a vehicle over the years to keep it on the road.....especially gm owners.

Other than this still mysterious drop in MPG and the common road and wind noise
It drives handles exceptionally well
Which unbelievable it is at this age and easy higher miles

Says the guy who's already spent more in replacement parts than what the truck originally costs to make it that far. Nothing new there.
I try to keep the parts cost low as possible with the OEM parts discount sales that are very generous
The past year has definitely been a big expenditure on parts, but nowhere even close to half wot the truck original cost was
Wth?
Some pricey parts even bot several years ago for this mid-stage event of new parts

I try to keep the parts cost low as possible with the OEM parts discount sales that are very generous
The past year has definitely been a big expenditure on parts, but nowhere even close to half wot the truck original cost was
Wth?
Some pricey parts even bot several years ago for this mid-stage event of new parts
Don't forget adding up all the labor to replace those parts.

Did yours have the analog digits and not the digital?
I recall first digital odometer started in 1998 but not every trim had it yet
Man, it's been a while since I owned that truck. I had to sell it once we had our second kid and he's about to turn 18. It may have been digital but that picture you posted brought back some memories so I'm not sure.

It was a 2000 Pre Runner without the extended cab. I was working as a construction manager for Lennar homes and I spent most work days either driving around in that truck or walking job sites. Miss that truck.

That mileage rolls just like every other analog odometer. Shoot I have one on my '81 Honda.

Nothing special.

Even my 10 speed bicycle, and snowmobile has an analog speedo & odo thats the same. Nothing new here either.

Back