How to aim the headlights on a 2007 - Can't find a good tutorial

Jay

Hey people!

I am having a hard time finding a good tutorial on google or youtube that shows me how to aim the headlights. I just picked up a 2007 with a lift and I'm getting flashed a lot and my beam are a bit high. Does anyone have a resource they could share?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

The bandaids I have. lol

I'm going back through youtube again. I found a tutorial on a Hilux that I think sheds some light on it. I think there may be caps on the two adjustment screws which is what fooled me when I first looked at it.

Look through the owners manual, it'll tell you how to do it, it should be 2 bolts on the fixture, on for up and down the other for left and right

Thanks. I did look in the manual and it talks about changing the lights out but not adjusting them. I just went back through it again and still didn't find it however I think I know what I need to do. I just need to get out of work and find some time this evening to make the adjustments. :)

Make sure the suspension is settled. Push down on the body and let it come back up on it's own a few times and the ground must be level. Of course, it will all still be approximate and subject to further tweaking by you if needed.

Hey people!

I am having a hard time finding a good tutorial on google or youtube that shows me how to aim the headlights. I just picked up a 2007 with a lift and I'm getting flashed a lot and my beam are a bit high. Does anyone have a resource they could share?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Pull back on the left lever you turn on the lights with. They see the high beams then!!! BTW I don't think they're adjustable.

I have yet to make time to see if and how these can be adjusted yet but once I do, I'll post what I figured out and include some pics.

Getting longer u bolts and a small 1" spacer kit for under the rear leafs. An add a leaf kit could do the same thing. Then if you carry any kind of weight in the bed it won't look like the rear is dragging!

Getting longer u bolts and a small 1" spacer kit for under the rear leafs. An add a leaf kit could do the same thing. Then if you carry any kind of weight in the bed it won't look like the rear is dragging!
Hmmmm. That's an interesting idea, for sure. :)

Back