I’m Buying A Truck Cap

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by CTFF, Jan 16, 2020.

1. CTFF

CTFF New Member

As the title says today I am ordering a cap for my 2019 DCSB TRD Off Road. I am ordering a Leer 100R to make the bed a good place for my dogs when the family and I go camping. We tow a pop up camper with a GVW around 3300 pounds.

So here’s my question with the added weight of the cap and towing the camper, is there anything I should do to my truck? Do I need bed stiffeners? Should I beef up the rear suspension?

Looking for some opinions and reasons. Thank you for any advice you all can give

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. fishnwiz

fishnwiz Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t think the cap would be an issue. The trailer, I can’t rally answer. I do tow a bass boat, no issues with that

4. RonFad

RonFad Active Member

I have always had a cap and never had an issue. As far as stiffness go I think the cap it self takes care of that problem.

BigMau and po-toy like this.
  5. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

I had a Leer cap on my 2009 Tacoma. It was great for hunting/fishing and keeping gear dry during trips to Canada.

Backroader likes this.