Intakes and Exhausts

DadsTaco

Obviously it’s mainly opinion but I would like to know what’s the best route to go with after market cold air intakes or exhausts for performance. About how significant is the performance improvement? Also are they pretty easy to self install or is it recommended to go to a shop?

Ive got a K&N drop in panel filter and Borla cat back on mine. As far as torque and hp numbers I have no idea however it pulls strong and smooth from 700 to 6000 rpm with no hesitation or chugging.

Personally I think it's a waste of money, all A/M exhaust for our trucks sound like fart cans imo. I do have a K&N drop in filter for all my vehicles because I can't see buying new filters every few months.

Personally I think it's a waste of money, all A/M exhaust for our trucks sound like fart cans imo. I do have a K&N drop in filter for all my vehicles because I can't see buying new filters every few months.
Lol fart cans, I never said it wasn’t a waste of money but besides a lift kit and oversized tires what really isn’t a waste of money on our trucks? If I’m gonna waste my money I’m gonna waste on the best products haha

Well guys, after snapping the plastic flow intake and JB welding it back on it still took about 90 minutes so not bad at all! I personally think it’s the perfect mixture of loud and sporty and deafening when you want it to be heard but also has a nice low growl when slowly revving up the rpms. It also has a very slight pickup increase. All in all definitely worth every penny if you want your truck to sound like it has some massive balls! I’ll let y’all know if I get annoyed of it, haha.

I had one of those Tornado inserts in my tundra and a drop in k&n filter definately woke up off idle .and it had a 3inch with 3 chamber flowmaster it did have a little drone on highway but not farty! :)

True dat but i would hope a little meaner?

I'm sure you'll get a little ear tickle from it. I went with one of those rubber intake tubes and retained the factory air box. The butt-dyno noticed a little something, hardly worth mentioning, especially on top of my tune. The ears like the way it sounds. I still have the factory exhaust so the only real noise is from under the hood and I kinda like that. Do what makes you smile! :)

Back