Interior cleaning tips?

TucsonSteve

So my Father In Law passed away last week. What a great man, that I will miss greatly for the rest of my life!

That said, we will be looking to sell his 2015 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner (only 17k Miles). This should be a great get for someone. However, he was a smoker and I am I am wondering if any of you know of a good product/products to help clean out the smoke smell from his truck prior to sale.

Being a detailer for 10 years First I would use a shark steamer to clean the interior and also spray it in the vents. Then I would replace the cabin filter if it has one then if you could get a ionizer air purifier and put it in their overnight that should help it out.

Last edited:
You could also spray ozium into the air vents turn the air dial on low for the vacuum under the dash over your feet to suck the spray into the system and blow out ward. Then let the air run for a few minutes.
It may not be as effective as @Cameron Muse ‘s advice but as a smoker that’s what I did to remove the smell from my truck when I stopped smoking in it.
I also put a mixture of warm water and laundry detergent into a spray bottle and cleaned the interior, floor mats, seats, head boards, with a soft brush. To scrub out extra funk that could’ve seeped into the fabric then let air dry with windows rolled down and air vents still running. Again this is just a home remedy I did and may not be choice of the pros but I used stuff that I had lying around the house and a can of Ozium runs $4-$8.

So my Father In Law passed away last week. What a great man, that I will miss greatly for the rest of my life!

That said, we will be looking to sell his 2015 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner (only 17k Miles). This should be a great get for someone. However, he was a smoker and I am I am wondering if any of you know of a good product/products to help clean out the smoke smell from his truck prior to sale.
Sorry for your family's loss. Prayers Up!

Back