Introduction

Turrning180

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself.

My name is Evan and I live in northern Michigan. I have been a Toyota fan for years having previously owned a Camry and a 4Runner. I upgraded to a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road back in March and aside from a couple issues, I love the truck. It has been a very reliably vehicle and a lot of fun off roading. I have a couple of short stories:

1) I picked up a railroad spike while two tracking and it went all the way through and punctured the wheel. I needed new tires anyway so it was good timing I guess. Aside from having to put on the spare in a rainstorm...

2) Ever since I got the truck (didn't notice until I drove 300 miles home) there was a grinding feel and sound in the steering wheel when backing up and turning. It had only ever done it once or twice going forward and turning. After trying to troubleshoot it myself, I finally took it in and it ended up being a pair of vise grips that was on the steering shaft. Thanks Toyota or whatever shop did that one!

Here are a few pictures:

PXL_20201006_220014757 (1).jpg PXL_20200929_224701320_2 (1).jpg PXL_20201006_212708490 (1).jpg

Back