Is this truck worth it?

OffroadTaco4x4

I have really wanted a trail/rockbuggy because since I got my truck basically restored I don't want to mess it up anymore offroad. A guy has a 79 toyota truck with factory SAS, the only problem is the guy took the engine out cause he wanted to put something else in it, but then he lost interest. He said everything was running before he took it out. If the frame is ok what do you guys think should I get it? He is asking 800 bucks

I defiantly wasn't thinking of using it as a beater, I plan on rebuilding the engine and maybe the tranny and do some frame work and paint it. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, hopefully ill take her home!

Just bought the truck, it will be here Thursday! Paid 700 for the truck, engine, an extra tranny and t case, extra front and rear axles, extra bed, two extra doors and fenders. And for 80 bucks I got 4 t100 wheels with 31in mud tires with 20% tread left. This is guna be a fun project!

Thanks man, I know this is Tacoma forum but I was wondering if anyone would be against me posting a build thread for this Toyota truck. I know it's alittle off topic but I know alot of you guys had one or still do have one and I see it as the "grandad" of the taco. If anyone doesn't want me to post it I understand.

Thanks man, I know this is Tacoma forum but I was wondering if anyone would be against me posting a build thread for this Toyota truck. I know it's alittle off topic but I know alot of you guys had one or still do have one and I see it as the "grandad" of the taco. If anyone doesn't want me to post it I understand.

Absolutely do a thread on your build up. I'd love to get an FJ-40 and do the same but theyre rare in these parts. And pricey when you can find one.

Back