Katzkin leather

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by MGMTacoLover, Apr 7, 2013.

1. MGMTacoLover

MGMTacoLover Well-Known Member

Anyone have katzkin leather in their truck I am thinking about getting it

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

I've seen it personally in a few trucks and its amazing. Personally,I love it and can't wait to get it. But the majority of people don't like leather. I guess its just preference

4. OP
    MGMTacoLover

I personally like leather with cloth inserts

5. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

By cloth do you mean suede? Leather/suede 2 tone would be sexy!

6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I haven't seen Katskins in person but they look great when people post pics of them in their truck. If my Wet Okoles wear down I might look into Katskin.

7. OP
    MGMTacoLover

I meant the suede and two tone looks amazing and I like the cloth seats but they just seem way too easy to stain

8. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

Yeah I love my sport seats fabric except how easy they stain. I would ruin suede I think. Its nice but to me suede belongs in ricer cars or low riders. Its more of a shown thing. Its not real practical and still pretty pricey. Once I start working some solid hours again and making money, a katskin kit will be soon to come

9. OP
    MGMTacoLover

For the price of the off road package you think leather would come with it

10. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Meh. I was more concerned with offroad tools(locker and AFAP).

11. OP
    MGMTacoLover

I was too but my dad got a 2012 Camry and I used it and it was nice this winter with the heated leather seats

12. Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

It is on my short list.

13. OP
    MGMTacoLover

It is on the top of my list before suspension

14. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

Yeah I'm thinking leather is next on my list. After that is Demello plate bumper, suspension, roof rack, light bars, bigger tires... And more, in that order. Plus plenty of misc small mods all the time :)

15. OP
    MGMTacoLover

I like your build list pro force it shows you want your butt warm when off reading in the cold world lol

16. rrt1949

rrt1949 Active Member

I used Ilea leather in my Tundra and loved it. At the time Katzskin was having some issues with their stitching and I just happened on to a great deal with the Ilea brand. Leather doesn't "flex" quite as much as the cloth so the seats were a little firmer. I liked them but my wife did not. Leather is very cool and smells good too!

17. conflictingintentions

conflictingintentions Active Member

I got them at the dealer. Black with red stitching. TRD in red stitch on the front seats. The dealer wanted to close the deal and so he threw those and the roof rack in with the deal. Makes the seats much more comfortable and there is something about leather. I would highly recommend.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  18. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I want to see... welcome to the forum.

19. conflictingintentions

conflictingintentions Active Member

IMG_9911.jpg

20. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

21. 1toptoy

1toptoy Active Member

Those look great. I just ordered some Clazzios. Same color scheme and logo.

Bogunn likes this.