Knocking in motor

dalafosse

I heard a light knocking in motor of the 2017 Tacoma the day after I bought it. I asked someone else to listen and they didn't hear it so I thought it was just me as this is the first Toyota I ever had. I found name of orginal owner in glove box so I contacted him just to ask him about truck. The first thing he said is the only reason he got rid of it was because of a knocking in motor. He said it was there from day one as a brand new truck. He brought it into Toyota several times and they told him it was something with the 2016 and 17 Tacomas and it was nothing bad or that would affect the engine. Has anyone heard of this or had this problem?

2017 Tacoma V6 auto with 7 miles on when I bought it. No engine knock ever. Where are you and where do you buy your gas? When I lived in Idaho, I had problems in my CJ7 if ethanol was over 10%.

I have been reading online about it and there are a bunch of people complaining about it but it seems that the noise I'm hearing is normal. I'm hoping Toyota is right and there is no issue.

It’s the lifters making the “tick”. Totally normal on Tacoma’s, Camry, scions etc. heck, my old Nissan 240 made the same sound. As far as why they make that sound maybe a qualified educated engine mechanic will read this lol.

My 2016 TRD Sport had a loud fuel pressure regular, would tick like a deisel, rhey replaced it and quited down until got rid of truck

My 2012 TX Pro has a knocking tap to it. I've noticed the 85 gas makes it worse so I stay with the 87. I've asked guys with Tacoma's at a Walmart or grocery store, some have it and some don't..

Back