Ladder racks blacking out

IMG_1554741608.489322.jpg

These racks came with my truck when i purchased it used. I took them off originally for a tonneau cover bc of the winter but now that summers coming back i was thinking i can use these racks for my surfboard/kayaks.

I would like to change the color of these rack from grey to black since i have started blacking out all the chrome on my truck. I have black over lays for the badges and will be replacing my grill to match but i was wondering what people method people would suggest for me to get these racks blacked out.

thanks

Flexi dip rattle cans from Home Depot. My grille turned out fan-dandy, and I'll be doing mu wheels this spring. I like the racks- want to do something like that for yaks and whatnot. Are they a Toyota thing or aftermarket-and how do they mount?

Flexi dip rattle cans from Home Depot. My grille turned out fan-dandy, and I'll be doing mu wheels this spring. I like the racks- want to do something like that for yaks and whatnot. Are they a Toyota thing or aftermarket-and how do they mount?

Thank you, I found some Roll bar/chassis paint that I used and it came out pretty decent. this was my first time using spray can type paint so i was a little runny my first set of racks but got the hang of it and just sanded down the bad spots and redid them. Might end up just hitting them with bed liner eventually depending on how they hold up. i’ll post some pics once i get the racks on but the paints still curing.
Yeah so it’s a 2017 and I bought the truck september of 2018 with the racks on from a dealer and they told me it was traded in that way so they just came with the truck when i bought it. apparently it was used as a work truck previously so i’m not sure if they bought the truck and had the racks added as an option or if they jus put them on after purchase. there is not a single sticker logo part number or anything on them to identify them. originally i was indifferent to them and had my heart set on a tonneau cover because I do a lot of trips to the mountain to snowboard so i was planning on selling the racks and using that money to get a cover but while i was doing my research to see what i could get for them they grew on me so i just forked up some money for a cover and kept the racks as my warm weather look haha also i can use them for my surfboards and just be able to have easier access to my bed than with the cover. but i’ve seen the same kind of racks (ladder racks) that go for about 300-400 but those are the lower end ones. they’ll get up to about 1000-1500 for some nice name brand ones like the thule group. Id say these ones are probably some where in between that range, middle of the road quality.

as for mounting the ones i have just use the track system.IMG_1555698897.892320.jpg slide the clamps (i attached a pic) on the flat part that sits on the bed and tighten them down. so you can adjust how close or far apart you want them. but i can’t have the cover on with the racks because they use the same track system. so covers gotta come completely off for the racks to go on

here’s some upclose pics of the racks before i painted them. They were pretty beat up, significantly more than the rest of the truck. it was used as a work truck but the only thing that showed that was the bed a little bit had scuffs and what not which i wasn’t worried about bc it’s a truck bed and i would do that eventually anyways but the interior and body looked brand new pretty much. but even the racks were more significantlybeat up then the bed. so i’m thinking either they had the racks and just put them on when they got the truck or they just used the **** out of those racks

IMG_1555699255.454859.jpgIMG_1555699271.708808.jpgIMG_1555699291.027572.jpgIMG_1555699303.530785.jpgIMG_1555699317.471955.jpgIMG_1555699331.509301.jpg

Back