Leaking Differential 2005 TRD Sport

MadDecentMoto

It looks like the differential is weeping oil from all over the back of the differential. Has anyone had this happen? I’m thinking of trying to JB Weld the whole son bitch before replacing it. Thoughts? Not sure how to upload pics but can send them.

I believe the seal is on the other side of the diff! Only thing on that side is the plug unless you cracked your diff and its leaking.

I believe the seal is on the other side of the diff! Only thing on that side is the plug unless you cracked your diff and its leaking.
The other side is bone dry and it’s so rusted from this upstate NY salt I can’t tell where it’s leaking from. Looks like everywhere.

Just an idea.....right or wrong......you could take a wire brush or wire wheel and clean it up so you can get a better look for a leak or crack. Looking at it really can't tell. If the seal side is clean then only thing there is the plug.

That things looking bad, looks like you'd clean a hole right in it if you tried to clean it. I'm not a metaligest so don't know the proper term but looks like it has become so pourus that it's leaking.

Back