LED bulbs

lowpockets49

Just replaced tail lights with LEDs Now have Hyper turn signals . How do I correct this issue....I should leave it alone since it don't bother me

This is what I used on my 2001 Tacoma.... electronic flasher relay on superbrightleds.com just put in year and all that good stuff. It’s the first step before paying more for resistors.

You might need to add in the tailasturn module from diode dynamics with a 50w 9ohm resistor to each side. That's the setup I did and have LEDs for both the brake and turn signal with no issues

I used the sylvania resisters and they work just fine. I bought them at Autozone but I’m sure you can get them from other places as well.
IMG_2870.jpg

Ya.... I prefer the projector beams also.

Absolutely.
If the truck comes with LED I wouldn’t change them but these Tacoma projector beams in the third gene provide better visibility than any other vehicle I’ve had in a while.
The headlights on my wife’s Ford Edge SUCK. I love the vehicle but it’s headlights are sadly lacking.

I'm curious what is hyper light? I assume it means your head blink to fast.

Correct. When you put led bulbs in your turn signals they hyper flash as if there is a burnt out bulb. Reason being is that the led bulbs do not require enough electricity for the trucks system to recognize that there is a bulb in there.

Correct. When you put led bulbs in your turn signals they hyper flash as if there is a burnt out bulb. Reason being is that the led bulbs do not require enough electricity for the trucks system to recognize that there is a bulb in there.

This is right. You just need to stick a resistor inline with the LED to add a little more load. You don't need to spend the money on expensive Sylvania branded resistor. A resister is a resister. You can buy a 6 ohm one for $2.

Back