LED Headlights

GuroKC

Prior to my Tacoma I had a 09 RAV that had HID Xenon aftermarket headlamps. I loved the light and the color but there was a lot of backscatter and glare off the headlamps making other drivers flash their lights at me. I wanted something similar but I was worried about blasting light at other drivers. I did a little reading and found LED replacement bulbs at XenonHIDs and bought a pair for $150. The bulbs only have LEDs on the side to reduce glare compared to the 360 degree light with xenon replacements. The result was almost exactly what I wanted. They still have a fairly sharp cut off with a little extra due to the brighter bulbs. So far I haven't been flashed in traffic at night. The LEDs provide very bright light and the color really cuts through the darkness. The install was simple plug and play swap but I had to cut the rubber headlight grommet to fit over the LED housing. Photos are before and after all on low beams.

taco lights before.jpg

tacolights after.jpg
taco lights 3.jpg

I've been looking into these. You'd recommend them I guess? Are they high and low beam? I once had a hid kit that was only hid low beam and halogen high beam but the high beam was near useless.

After a couple of weeks, I am very pleased with these bulbs. They are both high and low beam.

Back