LED Interior Lights

WooD

WooD
I know a lot of people have upgraded their factory interior lights to LED's for more light.

I've been thinking about swapping mine for some blue LED's. I know blue doesn't put out a lot of light, but I have a flash light if I need to find something in the dark...who uses maps anymore anyhow.

I think blue would look cool, and I like stuff that's CooL.

Seen multitudes on ebay and Amazon, and other sites, but was wondering if anyone has changed theirs out and where they got them. I don't want to buy some that suck...I don't like stuff that sucks.

Thanks.

Don't get blue a s don't get too bright. Blue is actually damaging for your eyes and if they are too bright then it sucks to use them.
Whip's right about the blue light. The combination of red and blue are bad too. Especially if they are flashing in your rear view mirror. ;) Now red LEDs by themselves are good. They wont mess up your night vision as long as they aren't too bright. That's why they are used by pilots and in combat vehicles.

Whip's right about the blue light. The combination of red and blue are bad too. Especially if they are flashing in your rear view mirror. ;) Now red LEDs by themselves are good. They wont mess up your night vision as long as they aren't too bright. That's why they are used by pilots and in combat vehicles.

I thought about red, but I don't want anyone to think I'm running a brothel out of my truck.

Where's the best place to buy quality colored LED's?

I thought about red, but I don't want anyone to think I'm running a brothel out of my truck.

Where's the best place to buy quality colored LED's?
Plenty of places on Amazon. I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "you get what you pay for" so I stay away from the super cheap stuff, but at the same time I dont buy the most expensive either. Look for a reasonable price and read the reviews.

Don't know about the blue LED ones, but I have the white ones from an Amazon deal and I've had them for over a year and they are still doing great. If your worried about crappy stuff, I believe that Tacoma Beast sells the interior light kit.

Went to Dynamic Diodes.web site and picked the map lights I wanted, and it said I couldn't add them to the cart. Must be out of stock or something. Didn't try the dome light, would want to buy them all at the same time.

They look like they carry top notch products. I'll try again in a few days, or give them a call.

Back