License Plate on Tailgate Question

ehrndz

Looking to put my license plate on my tailgate but want to make sure, 1. It’s road legal and 2. What the best way is going about doing this small mod.

As long as you have a light on it, it shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t know if you want to make it set in the tailgate or just bolt on to the tailgate. If you are going to just bolt it on that would be the easiest just drill 4 holes and remove the back of the tailgate and bolt it on

Looking to put my license plate on my tailgate but want to make sure, 1. It’s road legal and 2. What the best way is going about doing this small mod.

Welcome to the forum. Like the previous post stated, it should be legal as long as it’s lit up. Check with the DMV/local police to see.
If you are drilling your tailgate then you are going to probably get eventual rust.

What is the purpose? Do you have an off-road rear bumper that doesn’t accommodate? Are you making it a low rider?

Welcome to the forum. Like the previous post stated, it should be legal as long as it’s lit up. Check with the DMV/local police to see.
If you are drilling your tailgate then you are going to probably get eventual rust.

Yeah I had assumed it needed some form of illumination to be road legal. The rust issue is what worries me and a reason I asked. Has anyone used sealant or certain washers to prevent that from happening?

What is the purpose? Do you have an off-road rear bumper that doesn’t accommodate? Are you making it a low rider?

The purpose is because of a tube rear bumper purchase that does not accommodate a license plate nor a light to illuminate. I’ve seen tons of individuals who drill their plates on the tailgate but wanted to seek guidance on best routes to take when doing this.

The purpose is because of a tube rear bumper purchase that does not accommodate a license plate nor a light to illuminate. I’ve seen tons of individuals who drill their plates on the tailgate but wanted to seek guidance on best routes to take when doing this.
That’s what I was wondering. Are you a handy person with body work or are you just wanting to know if you can screw into the tailgate and mount a solar light above it?

That’s what I was wondering. Are you a handy person with body work or are you just wanting to know if you can screw into the tailgate and mount a solar light above it?

Just wanting to know the best route to take with the purchase of a rear tube bumper. I know individuals position the license plate everywhere in that particular area. Is there a way that works better than others? Also, I would hate to drill holes in the tailgate and then get a spare tire mount in the back and need to relocate the plate. Decisions, decisions ‍♂️

Just wanting to know the best route to take with the purchase of a rear tube bumper. I know individuals position the license plate everywhere in that particular area. Is there a way that works better than others? Also, I would hate to drill holes in the tailgate and then get a spare tire mount in the back and need to relocate the plate. Decisions, decisions ‍♂️
Zip tie it to the tube

Back