Lift kit

Looking to lift my 2017 Tacoma Sport down the road and wanting to buy the kit ahead of time. I know absolutely nothing about them so what brands do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
R

Research research research also ask questions. Lots of guys on here know what’s good and bad. Lots of us read this forum and see guys spend 500.00 on a lift then have to spend 2k more to buy another better kit. I say buy a good brand one time. But really research and ask questions.

My bad. It's basically a bilstein kit. More like distributed by Toyota.
Toyota has NOTHING to do with toytec

Toytec is no different than downsouth motorsports, sdhq, headstrong, 4wp, readylift, rough country, etc. Its just a name.

If u buy a toytec spacer lift from toytec, and u snap your shock due to the bumpstops being unusable as with most spacer lifts, toyota will void any warranty u think u have on your front end that may have been screwed up after u snapped the shock.
They will then tell u to contact toytec if you want to get money for damages. Toyota is not stamped, etched, or anything on a toytec component to my knowledge.

If your local dealership chooses to push a certain name lift, its only because the dealership owner made a deal with a distributor. Its owners preference, not toyota.

Last edited:
Eh. Either way, the dealer installed it and its officially under warranty. Rides really nice, and comfortable. Any 3" lift that i didn't have to buy, and is under factory warranty is ok with me. Lol

Just looking to clear up information for those not familiar.

So if you run it hard and the shock snaps, its warrantied?

Yes, since I read the contract I signed when i bought it. All options installed by the dealership prior to my purchase are covered under the same terms as the factory warranty.

Back