Lift kits for 2017 Taco offroad

Tacomania

Hello Taco world, i am looking to add a loft kit, but not sure what works best. My aim ia to still utilize the truck on the road but at the same time have the flexibility when going offroad, so nothing too crazy such as stage 4 fox kits. Any suggestions?

I like your suggestion, you still can use syock tires i presume. If i wanted yk go bigger, whats your experience with that? Suggestions

I like your suggestion, you still can use syock tires i presume. If i wanted yk go bigger, whats your experience with that? Suggestions

Really depends on your budget and wants from this kit. You can use the stock size tires with the OME kit but it would visually look better if you step it up a tad to 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 (depending on your wheel size) just to give you a bit more tire. Some want to go larger than that but then you run into rubbing issues.

Got it, and you mean by larger as in wider such as 285 75 16? So, i wont be climbing rocks and mud driving! But i want to have enough clearance when going off trail, plus if i add a front bumper to compensate for the extra weight. I know the stage 2 icon is about 500-700 more than ome, but not sure how those compare to each other.

Got it, and you mean by larger as in wider such as 285 75 16? So, i wont be climbing rocks and mud driving! But i want to have enough clearance when going off trail, plus if i add a front bumper to compensate for the extra weight. I know the stage 2 icon is about 500-700 more than ome, but not sure how those compare to each other.

285s can be a bit of a pain to fit on these trucks. They want 3 inches of lift for that.

Off-roads have 265/70/16 stock wheels.
The bilstein 5100’s are adjustable so you can set it at 1 or 2 with the stock wheels and tires and it’s going to give you that little extra lift without looking to bad. Old man emu kits are really good but not adjustable they will give the gen3 a 2-2.5” lift in most cases.
If you start with just 5100’s now than later when you add the bumpers get a higher rated coil. OME 886 will help set the 5100’s to 0 or 1 and you should get about 2.5” of lift. Put some Dakars in the back with 5100’s and it’s not going to break your bank and you can do it in stages.

You’ll need a lower offset wheel to fit 285/75/16 and at least a 2.5” lift 3” is better but then you may need new UCA to get a good alignment.

Got it, and with this set up you can still utilize the stock tires? I was looking at stage 3 icons $2600 plus a required change of wheel size to 17". But the stage 2 are "somehow" more reasonable and can get the 3" lift, but then like you said will need a UCA.

Got it, and with this set up you can still utilize the stock tires? I was looking at stage 3 icons $2600 plus a required change of wheel size to 17". But the stage 2 are "somehow" more reasonable and can get the 3" lift, but then like you said will need a UCA.
You could put a 3” lift on and still utilize the stock tires. It’s not going to look right IMO.
3” lift with stock tires/wheels: 6896C281-9F43-4BCC-AB57-1DC99112B560.jpeg

Back