Lift Kits & Warranties

nuketaco

I talked to a guy at an off road truck place and he said most manufacturers will not honor the truck's warranty if its been lifted. He was pushing the BDS lift because they will give you a drive train warranty (I forget, something like 5 years, 60,000 miles). It was like $2700 for 4 inches with no rear springs, just lift blocks. I'm bummin'. I really want to lift it about 2.5 to 3 inches but not if I'm losing my warranty. I was looking at the OME kit with rear springs. I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been with Toyota honoring their warranty if you have a lift kit. Thanks.

Mods do not void warranty unless the mod causes the failure. Even if the mod causes the failure your whole warranty is not voided.

His claim was that the dealer will claim that your mod put more stress on the factory parts. Its probably up to the dealer but the less they honor, the more they save.

I'm running the OME kit right now with the new leaf springs and haven't had an issue. Only thing I did find is that the shocks don't like the north east salt to much so I'm going to re paint them in the spring. The dealer issue is that if you brought it in to get a brake line abs sensor replaced and they think the lift caused it they may not cover it. Brother had the issue with his tundra with that and the warranted half the cost of the fix

I put the 884 coils in the front with the Dakar leaf pack in the rear. On road it rides a little stiffer then stock. But being able to actually load the bed up is nice. Still has the stock rake to it since once you put 300-400 pounds in it it will level it out. Off road it handles really well. Not to sure where you wheel but in the north east it's pretty nice. Mainly slow trails here. I wouldn't want to pre run it though

I know this is off topic but, what do you mean by "I wouldn't want to pre run it though?" I'm in the southwest. Lots of desert off roading. :thumbsup:

Pre run is kind of fast pace through the desert and getting air of of the whoops. For that you'll need long travel suspension with by pass shocks. The OME kit is set up more for overlanding carrying your gear into the woods and out again, not so much for high speed wheeling

Yeah I'd go more for the long arm kit or just a coil over upgrade at least if your running desert

Back