Lifting my truck

Nogdog007

So I am thinking of lifting my taco in the spring. I saw some kits that lift the front 3" and options for the back 2 or 3". I have worked on cars for a while and am good with tools so have no worries of installing them myself. Just wondering if anyone has used one of these kits? Brands you recommend?This is one of the kits I saw, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HV2KH9...colid=K9FFAPICI6PW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. I don't care about this brand. Just one of the kits I saw. Anyone used on of these kits? Do you have to replace the upper controls arms and rear shocks or do these not lift it enough to need to replace them?

So I am thinking of lifting my taco in the spring. I saw some kits that lift the front 3" and options for the back 2 or 3". I have worked on cars for a while and am good with tools so have no worries of installing them myself. Just wondering if anyone has used one of these kits? Brands you recommend?This is one of the kits I saw, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HV2KH9...colid=K9FFAPICI6PW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. I don't care about this brand. Just one of the kits I saw. Anyone used on of these kits? Do you have to replace the upper controls arms and rear shocks or do these not lift it enough to need to replace them?
Strut spacers aren't the greatest idea if your looking for off raod performance. If you just want the lift for the look and don't plan on doing too much off roading then I say go ahead. But be careful because those strut spacers tend to break **** haha. I say if you want looks and performance you might have to invest in some good coilovers like bilstein or ome.

You might want to consider getting blocks that are tapered. That will help rotate the rear axle to keep the drivetrain more in alignment. That helps with the vibration from the drive shaft being at more of an angle than stock. Just my 2 cents.

What’s your budget?
$300, $500, $1000, $1500? More?
What’s going to be the use of the vehicle? Offroad on the weekends? Street DD? Lots of off-road?

#FRIENDSDON'TLETFRIENDSRUNSPACERS

I ran spacers for a very short time before going with a good lift kit from Toytec. The ride is much stiffer with spacers. I do not recommend them for many reasons. Invest in a good coil-over kit and include upper control arms like SPC.

If I only really want/need a 3" lift, should I go 6" and im seeing tires/wheel sizes all over the place, need suggestions bad.

I know, But Honestly I have no idea how to go with chasis lift or body lift and tire size..
I've been watching out for what I like but angles vs gas mpg has got me spinning..
Just want a good look w/o sacrificing mpg.

I know, But Honestly I have no idea how to go with chasis lift or body lift and tire size..
I've been watching out for what I like but angles vs gas mpg has got me spinning..
Just want a good look w/o sacrificing mpg.
Body lifts are a good source of cab/frame shearing in accidents.

U lost me at wanting a 3" lift yet asking if u should go 6". That answer seems a simple NO to me.

If u want good looks without sacrificing mpg, ur in the wrong vehicle. Tires are gunna have the biggest mpg hit from what ive seen. I lifted 2" and no mpg change. When i got slightly larger tires, i still didnt see much mpg change, but thats because im NOT running load range E tires.

So a small/mild lift isnt gunna murder mpg.

U 2wd or 4wd?

If you go 5100's in all 4 corners do you still need an aal or blocks, and if so which rides better on pavement?

If you go 5100's in all 4 corners do you still need an aal or blocks, and if so which rides better on pavement?
Yes, rear 5100 offer no lift.

A progressive aal will be compliant with or without a load and be smoother than a single aal.
Blocks tend to increase leafpack frowning/de arching/flattening. They also can make axle wrap worse.

Get a 3 leaf progressive aal

Back