Lighting dilemma

JDC 07

Smoked oem fog lights or regular oem fog lights? I'm stuck and want some opinions. Pics would help too

I have clear OEM on my '06 Taco. All I use them for is when it rains/snow during the day or just before sun-up/down. Haven't had any fog as of yet. Not a big concern for me as I don't do a lot of night driving anymore unless on vacation and going cross country.

Awesome thanks. I'm working to build mine up give it a mean look and all opinions help.

You might consider a light bar for off road lights either on top of cab or up around the front grill area. As for the factory fog's you can get different bulbs but they do aim low. I consider mine more like driving lights. They work good if you just need to be seen at dawn or dusk. Gives a little extra light at night. Look at the garages of some of the other guys trucks and see where they have their off road lights mounted to get some idea's.

Thanks man. I'm not really an offroader tbh I'm just personalizing my truck to look good. Lol my opinion on Trucks is they are all made the same... But why not make your truck your own to fit u.

I hear that, I don't do a lot of 4 wheeling either but am set up for it. There are places I like to go that you need a 4x4 to get to. For one I like to go camping in the back country, some places I've been to in the US you needed a 4x4 to get back into, at the time I didn't have one, now I do and can revisit that area.

There are a ton of mods you can do cheaply to make your truck look mean and good. That's one thing about the Taco, nobody's looks the same. And they all look good. :thumbsup:

All that matters is as long as you think it looks good. Who cares what anyone else thinks it's your ride. Of course compliments are always nice. :thumbup1:

I have to say I like and respect your mindset a lot you know your stuff. Yeah I live in Boston and winter storms get rough up here so the set ups are always nice. You say there's good cheap ways to make it look mean, what ideas do you have?

bull bar it for $200
lift it for $200
tent the windows under $120
billit grill for $150
Headlamp/tail lamp kit $200
so many options for the parts amazon.com is really good to get the parts cheap

Really? I'm looking for a black bull bar
And whats kind of Billit grills are that price?

I have to say I like and respect your mindset a lot you know your stuff. Yeah I live in Boston and winter storms get rough up here so the set ups are always nice. You say there's good cheap ways to make it look mean, what ideas do you have?

Since this is a new forum the DIY mod thread hasn't been really started yet. So for info on that, there are 2 other forums that have a ton of info listed, I use those forums just for the DIY section, they give write-ups and photos, etc. Google Tacoma World or Toyota Nation, there are others but those two have a section dedicated to either 1st gen or 2nd gen DIY mods lots of ideas and info.

I'm sure this one will soon have a section dedicated for just that. Being a new forum it takes time to get everything up & running, also those other forums deal with just about anything Toyota...cars & trucks. So you have to do a lot of digging to find what your looking for. This forum only deals with the Tacoma which is what I like about it. I'm not on here to look for info on a Celica or a Lexus. Just my Taco, something else you can do is look at the photo's of the other members trucks to get ideas and then ask them about it.

Back