Locking gas cap;2016 Tacoma 4x4

Does anyone know where to get a new locking gas cap for the 2016 Tacoma 4x4. I have a gas theft problem! Any information on this subject would be great. Thanks.
Izzie master.

Does anyone know where to get a new locking gas cap for the 2016 Tacoma 4x4. I have a gas theft problem! Any information on this subject would be great. Thanks.
Izzie master.

Pretty sure pushing down rlly hard while turning hard on the cap defeats the locking ones for the 2nd gens, lets hope it not the same for u guys.

People are crap.... but atleast u still have ur cats i guess.

You didn't put one if those stickers on youre gas tank lid that days " Taco Sause Only" did you? [emoji1]
I have a Stant on my 18 Tacoma from it's second day home. I have trust issues. It's not what they can take out, it's what they can put in.

How do they steal the gas?

Small diameter rubber hose, a 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line, small electric fuel pump. It will drain your fuel tank in 10 minutes. I have a setup that I use to drain fuel tanks when I have to drop them for repair. Two 6 foot pieces of 3/8 fuel line, an electric fuel pump and a small motorcycle 12 volt battery.

If a rubber hose won't fit, a length of vinyl tubing can be put on the suction end of the pump.

Last edited:
Damit, now that you told everyone I'll have to get a locking cap. No, really, ive had them before and need to get one for my taco and one for the wife's van, cheap insurance.
Small diameter rubber hose, a 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line, small electric fuel pump. It will drain your fuel tank in 10 minutes. I have a setup that I use to drain fuel tanks when I have to drop them for repair. Two 6 foot pieces of 3/8 fuel line, an electric fuel pump and a small motorcycle 12 volt battery.

If a rubber hose won't fit, a length of vinyl tubing can be put on the suction end of the pump.

Here the thieves just drill a hole in your gas tank.

I worked a scene at a gas station for a gas leak. Thieves had drill a hole in the gas tank to the Methodist church van. The van driver said the gas light was on when she left church and in the log it had 1 mile on a fill up. Crazy to steal from a church that will pay whom Evers bills or give them food.

About 5 years ago I came out a store, after only being inside for less than 10 minutes to find the black plastic housing that goes around my tailgate latch handle on my 06 GMC Sierra gone. At first I thought it fell off, as it is only held in place by six sticky pads with 3M adhesive on them. When I went to the local GMC dealer he told me that they were sold out of the part, as there had been a rush on them. It seems that the local high school graduating class had a contest to see who could steal the most of these parts. Price to replace it? $35. I wish I could have caught the little prick that swiped it and closed his hand in the tailgate.

Last edited:
Back