Long bed tacoma

Dustin14

I have a 2008 tacoma 4 door long bed and I want to do a 6 inch lift and 18-20 inch wheels and 10-12 wide... I’m only 16 and I make about 300-400 a week and I’m trying to keep my build on a budget... so any ideas[emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817]

16 years old and income is 300-400$ a week. My opinion is save your money and dont worry about lifting your truck. A good 6 inch lift will cost you a few thousand dollars or you can spend a few hundred dollars and get a rough country lift but the words rough isnt enough to describe them lol. Rim's and tires will probably run you a couple thousand unless you find a good used set. I would stick with stock size rim with a offset that fits the stance you want. Also depends if your just making a Mall cruiser or you want to take it offroad. If you want to take it offroad alot get a set of cheap steel trims and buy a couple extra cheap steel rims(you'll need them).

Would it make a difference if he was older?

IMO - doesn’t matter if you’re 16 or 60... if you want to do it and can afford to do it... then go ahead

And it’s SO much easier when you don’t got mortgage payments, or kids or other responsibilities

Dustin14 do whatever makes you happy. I’m sure your already the cool kid in town since your driving a taco. Make sure whatever you do that your lift is safe so you may need to save alittle more to by a safe/good product.

Would it make a difference if he was older?

IMO - doesn’t matter if you’re 16 or 60... if you want to do it and can afford to do it... then go ahead

And it’s SO much easier when you don’t got mortgage payments, or kids or other responsibilities

It's just a joke man. I couldn't care less what others want to do with their money or their parents money ahaha. I just laugh when I see jacked up trucks that are only used as a daily commuter!

Check out some of the second gen pics and message the Poster. I'm sure they'll give you some tips/info on their set up.

I have a 2008 tacoma 4 door long bed and I want to do a 6 inch lift and 18-20 inch wheels and 10-12 wide... I’m only 16 and I make about 300-400 a week and I’m trying to keep my build on a budget... so any ideas[emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817]
No matter how tight you want to keep your budget....

#FRIENDSDON'TLETFRIENDSRUNSPACERS

Just say no to the spacer lifts...

Don't do it...

Curious why 6" lift? Or 18"-20" wheels?

I'm willing to bet that my 2" lift goes to more and cooler places than most 6" lifted tacos you see. And it's very comfy and doesn't try to roll over when I'm blasting around sharp curves. Lol

Is it 4wd or Prerunner?

The most off roading the truck will see is a few dirt roads... I live in a small town where all the high schools hangout in one parking lot and have one red light[emoji23] and we love to ride back roads

The most off roading the truck will see is a few dirt roads... I live in a small town where all the high schools hangout in one parking lot and have one red light[emoji23] and we love to ride back roads

Sounds like where I come from. Minus the stoplight. A step away from heaven imho.

Back