Looking for best halo/projector headlights

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by monster05, Sep 25, 2014.

1. monster05

monster05 New Member

Okay I'm looking for the best but kind of lower priced headlights for my 05 taco. I like the look of the Spyder projector headlights, but i haven't really heard anything good about them. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1411696751.657935.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1411696789.159915.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

4. Gandolfthegray

Gandolfthegray New Member

I like my spec d's only downside was the high beam and projectors weren't LED just the halo its self. So I'm getting a light bar to compensate. Also the grill on my truck is from amazon very clean grill.

Attached Files:

5. haley

haley New Member

Try eBay ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1425225460.176961.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1425225460.176961.jpg

6. turnerTRD

turnerTRD Well-Known Member

I really like mine.

Attached Files:

7. 910yota

910yota Member

How much lift you got your truck man?

8. 05yotataco

05yotataco Member

Attached Files:

9. +1 - A retrofit into OEM style headlights gives you the BEST output and performance available. A lot of the "halo projector" style lights (as the OP uploaded a pic of) are often terrible - they can have even worse output than stock halogens - fitment issues - shoddy internal components and just overall sub-par build quality.

You can build a set of headlights OR have a set built that will end up costing more than those - but last 10x as long and give you superb light output.

Bad Output
    [​IMG]
    Genuine HID Output (customer submitted)
    [​IMG]

10. Nocturnal92

Nocturnal92 Well-Known Member

Couple of guys here are on retrofit and never heard any issues.

11. Bluetaco79

Bluetaco79 New Member

Where's the best place to buy the retro's

12. tommyboy

tommyboy Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1457849846.243491.jpg retrofit

13. sfstud2002

sfstud2002 Well-Known Member

Here's mine

Attached Files:

14. That depends on your budget and goals to be honest.
    Just to note - those aren't retrofits - they are "projector headlights" -- a retrofit refers to modifying OEM or OEM style headlight housings with genuine HID components. Yours still look sharp, but just wanted to point out the distinction.

15. Calico Jack

Calico Jack Member

I build retrofits and you cant go wrong with them. HID's are unbeatable in light output and quality

Attached Files:

Reprez12 likes this.
  16. sfstud2002

sfstud2002 Well-Known Member

Duuuuuuhhhhh
    The title of the section says "halo/projector". Just so you know the difference....

17. johng813

johng813 Well-Known Member

Pro tuning lab makes great halo headlamps. I just ordered a pair with all the bulbs for only 200 bucks. So far I love them! And they are high quality lamps better than OEM in my opinion.

Bobby311 likes this.
  18. spyderfxst

spyderfxst Active Member

Any LED head lights?

19. jrct84

jrct84 Well-Known Member

Just get a plug and play led conversion kit I love it! Comes with a ballast and you plug it into your existing harness I think I paid like 150

20. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Have a picture of the headlights on at night, while facing them? Id like to see the scatter.

Diodes and filaments have the same characteristics?

Sounds alot like the hid pnp fad a few yrs ago.

21. RamRodd

RamRodd Member

Iv got OPT7 LED headlight in mine and i love them, Stock housing but still looks nice!