looking for brighter headlights

dbergman303

I added "Daylighter" HILED to my Harley and it makes drivig at night a whole different thing. I put smoked LED sets on the rear of my Taco and now I want to change the headlights. Any recommendations?

I wanna jump on this one bc i got my LED bulbs on my second gen and recently a cop walked up to my truck at a stop sign intersection said hey turn your brights off! lol so i pushed buttons and flipped my fogs on and off to play dumb like my bad lol but i was thinking of adjusting it to point the headlight as far down as possible to compensate for the lift..you think this will suffice just enough to have my lights not aligned with peoples rear view and side mirrors?

I wanna jump on this one bc i got my LED bulbs on my second gen and recently a cop walked up to my truck at a stop sign intersection said hey turn your brights off! lol so i pushed buttons and flipped my fogs on and off to play dumb like my bad lol but i was thinking of adjusting it to point the headlight as far down as possible to compensate for the lift..you think this will suffice just enough to have my lights not aligned with peoples rear view and side mirrors?

I think u will sacrifice your scanning ability at night.
Your eyes will be drawn to the hotspot which will now be lower and closer to the front of your truck. Your pupils will dilate naturally and u wont see as far clearly.

Thats why u dont run fogs on clear nights, and keep ur interior lights dimmed.

But it is your truck.

Your eyes will be drawn to the hotspot which will now be lower and closer to the front of your truck. Your pupils will dilate naturally and u wont see as far clearly.

But it is your truck.
Agreed that was my shortcut idea lol i just don't like the prices of the projector housings but im gonna have to sacrifice all the weekend gigalo shinanigan's for a while to fit it in my budget bc i hate credit cards haha

But it is your truck.

Agreed and well said.
I do run my fogs at night now, I never did before I owned a turd gen. And I never thought I’d be one of those people. But the visibility off these third gen fogs are awesome. They tie into the low beams perfectly and give a great view.
It’s helpful when you live in an area where there are more: skunks, possums, raccoons, deer and bear than people. Lol

Agreed and well said.
I do run my fogs at night now, I never did before I owned a turd gen. And I never thought I’d be one of those people. But the visibility off these third gen fogs are awesome. They tie into the low beams perfectly and give a great view.
It’s helpful when you live in an area where there are more: skunks, possums, raccoons, deer and bear than people. Lol
I wouldn't worry so much about the skunks, possums, and raccoons, theyre just speed bumps. Now deer and bear is a different story.

Might be worth it to just get new head light assemblies. The lens and reflectors are new and that makes a huge difference. I did mine not too long ago and it is brighter than I'd ever expected.

Back