looking for brighter headlights

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by dbergman303, Feb 7, 2019.

1. dbergman303

dbergman303 New Member

I added "Daylighter" HILED to my Harley and it makes drivig at night a whole different thing. I put smoked LED sets on the rear of my Taco and now I want to change the headlights. Any recommendations?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

I used Opt 7 HIDs on my 2016.

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Do that on a second gen and u end up with a ton of scattered light and blinding others.

Unless one were to retrofit a proper hid engineered projector into an oem housing. No, not the tacomabeast/carid/Spyder crap projector housings.

TacoBOB77, texasred, B-RI and 3 others like this.
  5. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

Ya.... Definitely should only do that with projectors.

TacoBOB77 and texasred like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

7. Bojangles

Scott Wyman, OR17TRD, Crawdad and 3 others like this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

9. TacoBOB77

TacoBOB77 Well-Known Member

I wanna jump on this one bc i got my LED bulbs on my second gen and recently a cop walked up to my truck at a stop sign intersection said hey turn your brights off! lol so i pushed buttons and flipped my fogs on and off to play dumb like my bad lol but i was thinking of adjusting it to point the headlight as far down as possible to compensate for the lift..you think this will suffice just enough to have my lights not aligned with peoples rear view and side mirrors?

texasred likes this.
  10. Bojangles

I think u will sacrifice your scanning ability at night.
    Your eyes will be drawn to the hotspot which will now be lower and closer to the front of your truck. Your pupils will dilate naturally and u wont see as far clearly.

Thats why u dont run fogs on clear nights, and keep ur interior lights dimmed.

But it is your truck.

Scott Wyman, texasred, B-Man and 2 others like this.
  11. TacoBOB77

TacoBOB77 Well-Known Member

Agreed that was my shortcut idea lol i just don't like the prices of the projector housings but im gonna have to sacrifice all the weekend gigalo shinanigan's for a while to fit it in my budget bc i hate credit cards haha

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Agreed and well said.
    I do run my fogs at night now, I never did before I owned a turd gen. And I never thought I’d be one of those people. But the visibility off these third gen fogs are awesome. They tie into the low beams perfectly and give a great view.
    It’s helpful when you live in an area where there are more: skunks, possums, raccoons, deer and bear than people. Lol

Crawdad, kp.taco, texasred and 2 others like this.
  13. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry so much about the skunks, possums, and raccoons, theyre just speed bumps. Now deer and bear is a different story.

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  14. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

All good eating

15. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

:eek:

Bojangles likes this.
  16. Will Evans

Will Evans Well-Known Member

Might be worth it to just get new head light assemblies. The lens and reflectors are new and that makes a huge difference. I did mine not too long ago and it is brighter than I'd ever expected.

B-RI likes this.