Looking into buying my 1st Toyota

robert galliett

Good evening. I am in need of a mid sized pickup. I have driven full sized trucks for years and now I need to down size. I'll be buying a used Canyon, Colorado or Tacoma by the end of the year. It needs to be a 4 door, 4x4, short or long bed. I am leaning towards the Tacoma. The truck will be used mainly for work. I wont be pulling anything heavy.. maybe a uhaul trailer in the future. I'll drive about 2,500 miles a month, mostly freeway.
2010 to 2014 are the model years I am going to be researching. Any of these four model years have issues I should be aware of ?

Good evening. I am in need of a mid sized pickup. I have driven full sized trucks for years and now I need to down size. I'll be buying a used Canyon, Colorado or Tacoma by the end of the year. It needs to be a 4 door, 4x4, short or long bed. I am leaning towards the Tacoma. The truck will be used mainly for work. I wont be pulling anything heavy.. maybe a uhaul trailer in the future. I'll drive about 2,500 miles a month, mostly freeway.
2010 to 2014 are the model years I am going to be researching. Any of these four model years have issues I should be aware of ?
I would say go for it, just check for frame rust... What state do you live in?

I would tell you to go for the double cab long bed... Having the extra bed space is nice when you need it

Tacoma would work!!! I own a 09 with 180,000 miles on it. The 4-banger is enough to pull a 1300 lb bass boat and still get over 20 miles to the gallon. NICE TRUCK!! However, I really miss my 02 Tundra :((

Tacoma would work!!! I own a 09 with 180,000 miles on it. The 4-banger is enough to pull a 1300 lb bass boat and still get over 20 miles to the gallon. NICE TRUCK!! However, I really miss my 02 Tundra :((
Sometimes I wish I bought a tundra lolImageUploadedByTaco Forum1478046873.456474.jpgpicked up some firewood today

Your feul mileage pulling 1300 lbs will be around 12mpg depending on terrain on the highway with a v6 tacoma. Ive seen it low as 7.8mpg hauling a single axle small double horse trailer empty. Just be in mind if your buying a Tacoma don't be feel conscience. The shift points are horrible on the 3rd gen but their is a ecu update or just turn off traction control every time. A throttle commander is a must. Happy truck hunting.

Back