Low idle?

TacoGlosta

So just got my 2016 tacoma sr5 extended cab 2.7l yesterday. Today I noticed the idle in drive while stopped would go down to 650-700ish and car would vibrate, not violently but enough that you can see and feel it. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should contact the dealership. Also in park the rpm would bounce time to time like it was trying to find the idle speed and then it stops usually. So with this being said am I just overthinking things or should I bring her back in?

Welcome and congratulations!

Shaking and rough idle? Lotsa things it could be. Spark plugs/tune up, bad fuel, fuel filter/injectors....

I’d take it to a reputable independent shop. Dealers have a tendency to rape the uninformed. IMHO

That rpm in gear sounds fine to me off top of my head, but should be smooth... No shaking present.

How many miles, where did u get it? Certified?

Yeah, agreed could be plugs, gas, hose leaks, etc

That rpm in gear sounds fine to me off top of my head, but should be smooth... No shaking present.

How many miles, where did u get it? Certified?

Yeah, agreed could be plugs, gas, hose leaks, etc
The shake isnt super prominent but it's there enough that you can notice. I got it at a carmax. It had 43k miles on it. I've driven it over a 100 miles to make sure no light comes on. I can post a video of it if that helps?
I have until the end of the week for my refund but I really love this truck. Screenshot_20181130-194213_CarMax.jpeg

The shake isnt super prominent but it's there enough that you can notice. I got it at a carmax. It had 43k miles on it. I've driven it over a 100 miles to make sure no light comes on. I can post a video of it if that helps?
I have until the end of the week for my refund but I really love this truck. View attachment 22579
Sure get a vid of the shake, and of the tachometer so we can see the idle as it shakes/stutters

Sorry guys for the late response. I brought the truck in they said it's just how they are.and it's normal. Thanks for all the help !!

Sorry guys for the late response. I brought the truck in they said it's just how they are.and it's normal. Thanks for all the help !!
Toyota also fooled some people with lifetime transmission fluid years ago.

I'd drive a few others and compare. I don't care if the others are on a different lot.
The excuse they gave you is a blanket statement they give people and hope you go away.

Toyota also fooled some people with lifetime transmission fluid years ago.

I'd drive a few others and compare. I don't care if the others are on a different lot.
The excuse they gave you is a blanket statement they give people and hope you go away.
Most of the time it works so they keep doing it.

Back