My first Tacoma

is that Lake Tahoe in the background?

tacoJoel says the AT in these Taco's are the beesknees

however, i have had some issues recently with the AT on a Gen2 4cyl
My 3rd gen auto is awesome...best transmission owned, plus its the 1st tacoma owned.

Last edited:
Is Swampy you motorsicle Mike ?
Swampy is one of my motorcycles.
4fFF6naE9rY3nqTda7jMiV.jpg

7LhxDuyFy6X78BwKMLeJlw.jpg

It’s a Honda 230. I like my old suzu rm125, but it was so old that it required a lot of work all the time and it was hard to find parts for a 1978 motorcycle.

I started out racing motocross for a local yamaha dealer on a 1975 125 yz after taking a beating the year before with a yamaha mx 175. The yz 125 was a total game changer...going from the novice class to amateur in a few races. The suzuki rm, or rmx was the only bike I never raced, or tried. The cagiva 125 I ran some nationals with in 88 was very similar to that yz 125, just faster.

I started out racing motocross for a local yamaha dealer on a 1975 125 yz after taking a beating the year before with a yamaha mx 175. The yz 125 was a total game changer...going from the novice class to amateur in a few races. The suzuki rm, or rmx was the only bike I never raced, or tried. The cagiva 125 I ran some nationals with in 88 was very similar to that yz 125, just faster.
In 1975 I started riding the mountain trails on my 75cc motorbike. I could only touch the ground with one foot at the time. I eventually out grew it. The only time I raced dirt bikes was against friends and family.

I began with joining a couple local clubs before the service manager of this yamaha shop took me under his wing. From the local club races I went on to more serious organized racing. Lot of traveling.

Back