My new 2012 Tacoma

HAVOC

I've been looking for a Tacoma for a while. The one I really want is a lot of money. 2015 TRD off-road, manual trans, crew cab, super white. Hard to find one.

I did just find a 2012, super white, standard cab base model. It's an automatic, and the only options the car has are daytime running lights, sliding rear window and carpet floor mats.

Should make for a nice light off-road project, can't go too crazy because it will be my daily driver. It has some small dings and there is one dent on the R/F fender.

Picking it up next week, needs a left front shock and R/F caliper. I'll post pics when I get it.

I've been looking for a Tacoma for a while. The one I really want is a lot of money. 2015 TRD off-road, manual trans, crew cab, super white. Hard to find one.

I did just find a 2012, super white, standard cab base model. It's an automatic, and the only options the car has are daytime running lights, sliding rear window and carpet floor mats.

Should make for a nice light off-road project, can't go too crazy because it will be my daily driver. It has some small dings and there is one dent on the R/F fender.

Picking it up next week, needs a left front shock and R/F caliper. I'll post pics when I get it.
tell me its 4x4
otherwise your suspension options are very limited

tell me its 4x4
otherwise your suspension options are very limited

Yes it is. I stopped by, gave the truck a quick look, got home and realized that I forgot to see if it was 4X4. It was 6 lug so I assumed 4WD.
Went back the next day to make sure. Not driving a 2WD pickup here in the NE.

Yes it is. I stopped by, gave the truck a quick look, got home and realized that I forgot to see if it was 4X4. It was 6 lug so I assumed 4WD.
Went back the next day to make sure. Not driving a 2WD pickup here in the NE.
yeah, dont assume too much, peerunners fool alot of people

that said, either 6 lug option has plenty of suspension options

the 4 cylinder is quite limited on performance parts tho

First upgrade will be to put some BFG all-terrains on it (stock size replacement). It has "Westlake" brand tires and they suck and I only put about 10 miles on it for my road test.
Still has the factory spare, never been on road.

First upgrade will be to put some BFG all-terrains on it (stock size replacement). It has "Westlake" brand tires and they suck and I only put about 10 miles on it for my road test.
Still has the factory spare, never been on road.

Why not go 265/75/16 right off the bat?
There's no need for any lift with that size.

The KO2 is gunna be a load range E iirc in that size.... So ur gunna have a firm ride and lose a bit of mpg, and less getup from that 4 banger

I’ve been looking at Tacoma’s for a few months and the super white off-roads are hard to find. Even more with a manual. Glad you found something you could settle on. Can’t wait to see pictures.
My search continues. Haha

I’ve been looking at Tacoma’s for a few months and the super white off-roads are hard to find. Even more with a manual. Glad you found something you could settle on. Can’t wait to see pictures.
My search continues. Haha
My buddy around the corner has a 15, white, double cab, txbro, manual, with the same performance mods I have.... Exactly the same.
So they are out there

Why not go 265/75/16 right off the bat?
There's no need for any lift with that size.

The KO2 is gunna be a load range E iirc in that size.... So ur gunna have a firm ride and lose a bit of mpg, and less getup from that 4 banger

I was looking at the BFG AT in that size (and stock) on tirerack.com They have two in that size but what is "DT Different Tread, No 3PMSF" ?

I was looking at the BFG AT in that size (and stock) on tirerack.com They have two in that size but what is "DT Different Tread, No 3PMSF" ?
This was on the web site:

“BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.

All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires labeled "DT" utilize a different tread compound designed to improve wear in high-torque applications and improved chip and tear resistance in gravel. Tires featuring this compound carry a 50,000-Mile Treadwear Warranty and are NOT branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol. They can be identified by the "DT" branding on the sidewall immediately following the service description, and are labeled on the Specs page and in search results.”

Sounds like it’s not snow rated but it’s the anti chip and wear. Looks like good for off-road but not in snow.

Srry, not too well versed in bfg lingo since I wrote them off yrs ago. They used the same **** pattern for a decade, then another just as bad for the ko. Those both got **** reviews on Tacoma forums.
Well before the KO2 showed up, I threw that entire brand away except if I had a track car, I may run kdw if they still make em.

Last edited:
Back