new bed cover

In addition to the many leaks at all of the gasket hinge points, it also sagged under a rain storm and held almost 1-1/2 inches deep of water.

I switched to a Lomax tri-fold hard cover which does not leak as it has a better sealing gasket system around its perimeter. Some small amount of water may enter around the tailgate sides if you direct a hose at it, but I also installed some side gasket seals. All in all, the hard cover design worked out much better for me.

In addition to the many leaks at all of the gasket hinge points, it also sagged under a rain storm and held almost 1-1/2 inches deep of water.

I switched to a Lomax tri-fold hard cover which does not leak as it has a better sealing gasket system around its perimeter. Some small amount of water may enter around the tailgate sides if you direct a hose at it, but I also installed some side gasket seals. All in all, the hard cover design worked out much better for me.
Thanks for the heads up how is the cover for security wise?

The first one latched so tight that I could barely get it loose enough to fold - or, I could not get it tight enough. The clamping latches sucked big time. Being a soft fold, any one could cut thru it if they wanted to.

The hard cover Lomax locks a lot better and feels more secure.......as long as you lock your tailgate, too.

Back