New brakes and rotors

WYJH22

So I have a 2011 taco and I'm do to get new brakes here and I want to upgrade. I do alot of driving in the mountains. No offroading. Just mountain passes and forest roads in the mountains. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to go with and when I go and buy this, can I just get the brake pads and rotors or will there be more stuff I'll need to get with it?

I think good quality brake pads will suit you just fine, are your rotors warped ? Or anything ?

Use a caliper to measure the thickness of your rotor and compare with the minimum value. That will be in a maintenance book. Don't change them unless they need to be. You will have to take off your calipers for this. I think they are like 80 ft-lbs of torque so it is very difficult to do without a hoist (I've done it before). Spend the few extra $$ and get the better quality pads too. You get what you pay for these days.

Okay, thanks for the info. Any brake pads you'd recommend?
Use a caliper to measure the thickness of your rotor and compare with the minimum value. That will be in a maintenance book. Don't change them unless they need to be. You will have to take off your calipers for this. I think they are like 80 ft-lbs of torque so it is very difficult to do without a hoist (I've done it before). Spend the few extra $$ and get the better quality pads too. You get what you pay for these days.

Back