New Forum Member

R4lN

Hello, guess i'm the newbie for a few days. I have been looking at Tacoma's now for a good few months. Ive always enjoyed trucks but got away from them because of the rising gas prices. Now that gas prices are down some, Ive decided to pull the trigger and buy one. I don't like full size trucks. They are much too big for my taste and I don't like small trucks because I may as well be driving a Ford escape. That only leaves 3 options. 2015 Chevrolet Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma, and the Frontier. I've decided on the Tacoma.

The reason for the thread is to take any advice you guys may have for me in my search for the right truck. I am aware of the frame rust issue from 04 to 09 so I will most definitely try to stay away from those. Post 2009 did the frames change? I live in Michigan right now and the only ones I can find here are 4x4's but quite frankly don't think I really need a 4x4. I don't do any kind of off-roading and as for snow, I feel as if a good all season tire and a little weight to the bed would be fine. You're thoughts about this?

Any of you guys that drive the 2wd Prerunners, what is your real world MPG?

Thanks guys for any and all advice given

Welcome. You can't go wrong with a Tacoma. They hold their value. So no worries there. As for 4x4.......if you don't get it you'll need it. Always better to have it just in case.

Back