New from Las Vegas

Hi y’all! Hope everyone’s doing well. Found this forum through Google. Looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here about Tacomas. I’m looking for good advice as I am looking into trading my 2015 Tundra for a new Tacoma.

Hi y’all! Hope everyone’s doing well. Found this forum through Google. Looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here about Tacomas. I’m looking for good advice as I am looking into trading my 2015 Tundra for a new Tacoma.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. If your not hauling or towing much you should love a Tacoma!!!!

Welcome. What do you want to know?

1. What is the average mpg do you get in your Tacoma? I have a 2wd Tundra and I get 16/17mpg.

2. Have you tried going off-road on a Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4? How does it handle?

3. I’m looking into getting a 2018 Tacoma and I have heard some people say that I might encounter problems if I want it lifted. Is it true?

1. What is the average mpg do you get in your Tacoma? I have a 2wd Tundra and I get 16/17mpg.

2. Have you tried going off-road on a Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4? How does it handle?

3. I’m looking into getting a 2018 Tacoma and I have heard some people say that I might encounter problems if I want it lifted. Is it true?

1.) 19-21 for me. (2018 TRD OR DC)

2.) Spectacular. If you get stuck with the crawl and diff lock than there’s something wrong.

3.) There were a lot of rumors and a few issues. It seems to be fixed with alignment, etc.—- So, yes you can lift an 18 with TSS-P.

1.) 19-21 for me. (2018 TRD OR DC)

2.) Spectacular. If you get stuck with the crawl and diff lock than there’s something wrong.

3.) There were a lot of rumors and a few issues. It seems to be fixed with alignment, etc.—- So, yes you can lift an 18 with TSS-P.

Thank you! Currently looking for good deals in my area. Can’t wait to try it

Depending on where you go you could get it lifted in house which will be pricey but it will stay under warranty (wish I would’ve known).
Centennial Toyota works with 4WP just throwing that out there, and they have been lifting a quarter of their 18 Tacoma inventory to 3” (the highest I’ve seen) they, from my understanding, recalibrate the sensors to accommodate the lift. So it can be done. At what cost is a different story. I have a heavy foot so we’ll ignore my mpg, and a TRD OR 4x4 is a beast off-road you won’t regret it.

The only thing I wasn’t crazy about is the new grill. Because it has a sensor built in you can’t just pull it off and swap it with a TRD Pro grill until someone figures out how to swap the sensor components, or, Buy the TRD Pro grill with the sensor which will destroy your wallet

Welcome, I traded a 2002 Tunda for the TRD, haven’t been off road yet, figure I’ll wait till I have a thousand miles on it before I get the tree branch branding on it. So far 22.4 MPG but that mostly highway

Sorry, i was out of reception for a while. agree with Bogunn. Only mine gets 17-19 average. Same truck just different color. Things you will notice are tacomas are much smaller, inside and out. You will notice lack of torque but they are still decently quick if you’re not towing. It’s easier to park and daily drive. Idk if you can get an Off road with crawl control stuck unless you high center. If you don’t tow very much or need the extra space, tacoma is the way to go. It’s better in every other way imo

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, I traded a 2002 Tunda for the TRD, haven’t been off road yet, figure I’ll wait till I have a thousand miles on it before I get the tree branch branding on it. So far 22.4 MPG but that mostly highway
That sounds a pretty good mpg. Have you done any mods to your truck (i.e. lift, bigger tires, etc.)?

Back