New member from Florida

CBB88

hello everyone. I just recently purchased my 1st yota ever. A 2018 SR access cab 4wd 4cylinder. And I’m loving it. Just wanted to say hello. And always open to recommendations for aftermarket parts. Currently looking for new tires. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Are you wanting to stay stock size? Planning on a lift? These are questions people will ask to help you

I want to run 215/85R16 or 245/75R16. No lift planned right now. So gonna keep stock size. I would like 265/75R16 but I’ve heard people losing 2-5 mpg by going up in tire size on the 4cylinder? Any truth to that?

I’m going to let the others chime in. Mine is a new double cab. I’ve done nothing but drive mine so far. Only mods are floor mats and tint the front side glasses

I want to run 215/85R16 or 245/75R16. No lift planned right now. So gonna keep stock size. I would like 265/75R16 but I’ve heard people losing 2-5 mpg by going up in tire size on the 4cylinder? Any truth to that?
Any time you add weight with a wheel or tire you will usually see a loss in MPG. How much that loss will be is hard to say.

hello everyone. I just recently purchased my 1st yota ever. A 2018 SR access cab 4wd 4cylinder. And I’m loving it. Just wanted to say hello. And always open to recommendations for aftermarket parts. Currently looking for new tires. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Welcome to the forum

Bigger tires with a 2.7 liter will definitely lose mileage. 3-5 mpg sounds reasonable.
They are great motors that stand the test of time but they aren’t powerhouses.

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your purchase!

Welcome to our little forum. We're glad to see new Tacoma owners! Enjoy all the knowledge that comes along with all these great people. Welcome!

Back