Taco Man

Just wanted to say hi everybody! I just now joined this forum! I have a 1st gen. Base model 2002 Toyota Tacoma regular cab 2wd 2.4l with an automatic trans. My dad bought this truck brand new, he was diagnosed with parkinsons several years ago and the doctor wouldn't allow him to drive anymore and I ended up in dire need of a set of wheels so he gave it to me a few years ago!

I'm a member of the Tacoma World forum too but was banned from them today for 30 days because I made a political statement! Anyhow I found this forum and I promise to not do that here!

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your father. So far the people here have been polite and helpful.
Thanks y'all! This is a great little truck though! I just a couple weeks ago replaced the upstream o2 sensor because my check engine light was on and was throwing code p1135 (air fuel sensor heater control circuit response malfunction, bank 1 sensor 1)! So for anyone who receives this code it's the heater circuit for the upstream o2 sensor!

Just wanted to say hi everybody! I just now joined this forum! I have a 1st gen. Base model 2002 Toyota Tacoma regular cab 2wd 2.4l with an automatic trans. My dad bought this truck brand new, he was diagnosed with parkinsons several years ago and the doctor wouldn't allow him to drive anymore and I ended up in dire need of a set of wheels so he gave it to me a few years ago!

I'm a member of the Tacoma World forum too but was banned from them today for 30 days because I made a political statement! Anyhow I found this forum and I promise to not do that here!
Welcome to this forum...i too hope its not like TW getting banned all the time...been a member for less than a year on their forum, and have been banned 3 times already for chicken bs. They have no love for anything that even remotely resembles any type of political statement.

Welcome to this forum...i too hope its not like TW getting banned all the time...been a member for less than a year on their forum, and have been banned 3 times already for chicken bs. They have no love for anything that even remotely resembles any type of political statement.
Yeah I hear you! I'm seriously considering deleting my account over there after the ban is lifted!
I commented on an older thread from back in 2018 where someone was asking about putting a larger fuel tank on their Tacoma and someone else commented that if they want more range they just throw a gas can in the back! I replied to that particular comment that they'd better chain that gas can down with a padlock or something to keep it from getting stolen, because gas here in Texas is up over $3 again no thanks to a certain person. (I will not give that politicians name). Then I received a warning saying they don't involve politics on their site unless I want a 30 day vacation to which I replied saying I understand and won't do it again, please accept my apologies. Next thing I know an hour or so later I'm banned for 30 days until December 13th!

I got banned when we were discussing all the electronic safety features in these new tacoma's like lane alert. All i did was reply, being in a state thats blue, they need to save drivers from themselves with these electronics. When i asked why i was banned, i was told you used the word blue in a political context. Talk about a short fuse.

I got banned when we were discussing all the electronic safety features in these new tacoma's like lane alert. All i did was reply, being in a state thats blue, they need to save drivers from themselves with these electronics. When i asked why i was banned, i was told you used the word blue in a political context. Talk about a short fuse.
Man that sucks! The reason I got banned is because I mentioned the person who currently resides in the White House!

Yeah interesting how the gas prices had plummeted drastically prior, now all of a sudden they shot up faster than Jeff Beso"s little space ship! Lol! Coincidence??!! I think not!
I think the big push for ev's is way too soon, its like putting the cart before the horse. Making fossil fuels so expensive they hope to push you into an ev. Its going to bite them in the ass.

Yep, not to mention beefing up our electrical grid to handle it.
Yup!
I'll also add that here in Texas the electrical grid needs serious upgrades! Back in February we actually had record breaking cold of -2 degrees for several days and the assholes running the power grid shut off the electricity for several days! Mine was off for 3 days! Them and their so called rolling blackouts! There was no rolling about it! Lol! It was just on our local news that even with the new state laws that were passed to regulate the CEOs of power companies it could still happen again if we have another winter storm like that again this winter, although the chances are low!

Back