New Owner

tannerjared

Hey everyone. My name is Jared. My wife and I have been looking at a new vehicle for quite some time. She is due to have out first child in June so it was time to get serious about replacing our 2003 Corolla with a less mileage vehicle that does good in the snow. I drove a toyota pickup in high school and knew right away that a Tacoma would fit the bill for us. After looking at all vehicles we narrowed it down to either a truck or SUV. We are both huge into the outdoors so it needed to be able to do some offroading. I also ride dirt bikes so that was the final kicker for the truck over the SUV. After scouring the Internet for low mile ones I came upon this one. It's a 2012 V6 base dclb. Upgraded TRD exhaust. Kenwood head unit with Navi and the upgraded jl audio with woofer. Little Lift, but not sure what brand or specs yet. Rockstar rims and nitro Terra graps. 19,350 miles. We picked it up for a killer price on Christmas eve as a Christmas present to each other. It is officially her truck as the other steed is a 1977 ford f100 single cab that is my baby, as my dad bought it brand new. but when the second or third kid comes and it's time for a SUV, I will inherit the tacoma and the 77 will go down for a frame off restoration. That's why we went with a yota. They are such long lasting vehicles. I've already completed the anytime fog light mod. Been trimming and pinning some of the fender well liners so they don't rub. The suspension is still not settled as the previous owner was always on the pavement. When we bought the truck it had never been in 4low. today I got to take it about 10 miles down a sand wash at my in laws house and must say this thing does awesome off roading.
My future mods will be a few led bars to light up the night while off roading. Retrofitted heads and led fogs. That's about it for now. When I inherit it I think a mid travel suspension will be in line for sure. Here she is in all her glory.

Attachments

• 1420169750801.jpg
    1420169750801.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 33
Enjoy , I bought my first new Toyota pickup in 1989 when they changed the body. The extra-cab got a small rear bench with two fold up seats!

nice write up, always good to read about how people ended up with their trucks ... congrats on the soon-to-be rugrat as well!! I had a single cab ranger before my first kid, had to give it up for obvious safety reasons, but now my oldest is 8 and absolutely loves dad's truck!

welcome to the site!

Back