New Tacoma Owner

just one OEM rear 4WD flap on my rig is 50$ after 38off sale
MSRP is around 70$ LOL

Gen2 4x4 flap is 45$ on discount each for the rear
MSRP is 67$

WeatherTech has Splash Guards to fit your truck. Two options, with or without fender flares. Cost for either set about $91.

I have a set of these. Install was ezpz using the existing mount points, no drilling. Didn't need to remove the wheels. Took less than 1 hour to install all 4..

I love my truck just wish it had a 4.7 V8 in it like my tundra did. It's almost the exact same size as my old '03 trd
Strange, I had the 240 some hp 4.7 in my 2001 tundra. This 3.5 v6 in the access cab tacoma of mine kills it. Did you get a 4 cylinder that you wish for the v8?

No it has the 3.5 ,but my nephew just got a '07 taco with 4.0 it has more balls than my 3.5 for sure . Wake up Toyota .they put the 4.0 in a 4Runner I can't figure why not in the taco truck;(IMG_20230527_140232604~2.jpg
It's got 305 -70--16s on it with 2 inch lift no rubbing and no cuts in the frame ? Crazy it's pretty nice

Last edited:
just one OEM rear 4WD flap on my rig is 50$ after 38off sale
MSRP is around 70$ LOL

Gen2 4x4 flap is 45$ on discount each for the rear
MSRP is 67$

Those were $57.66

No it has the 3.5 ,but my nephew just got a '07 taco with 4.0 it has more balls than my 3.5 for sure . Wake up Toyota .they put the 4.0 in a 4Runner I can't figure why not in the taco truck;(View attachment 38490
It's got 305 -70--16s on it with 2 inch lift no rubbing and no cuts in the frame ? Crazy it's pretty nice
Idk about the 4.0, never had one. This is my first tacoma coming from a 4.7 tundra. The 3.5 feels about the same whether on the highway, or towing my boat, except having way more up top. Imo, its one strong little 6 cyl
I've heard of many condemning the 3.5 for no low end, but all of them have done mods like installing big ass tires, and lifts, which is death to the low end when your dealing with this engine. My tacoma is all stock.

I got 265-70-17 =31.5" tall I'm putting 275-65-17 next set about inch short and 1inch wider .will look nicer on my 9 inch rims

I got 265-70-17 =31.5" tall I'm putting 275-65-17 next set about inch short and 1inch wider .will look nicer on my 9 inch rims
Tire weight is even more important. There's a reason toyota uses some of the lightest weight tires in their class on their tacoma's. Tire's are considered rotating mass. It's claimed for each lb. of rotating mass from stock, you lose 7 hp.,which translate's into a less efficient vehicle.

Those side vent windows in the extra cab are nice, but I almost got my truck broken into while away on a snowmobile bag ride. They were able to break the latch, and pull the window open some, but still couldn't enter the truck to open the door before something scared them off..

Back