New Tacoma owner

I used to average around 22,000 miles a year, mostly highway. I don’t do that anymore so thought I’d try a midsize pickup,

Only issue I have is trying to link my iPhone to the “map” screen on the dash, no problem with the phone or music but I can’t seem to find the correct Toyota app that connects for navigation??
It’s likely my ineptitude

I used to average around 22,000 miles a year, mostly highway. I don’t do that anymore so thought I’d try a midsize pickup,

Only issue I have is trying to link my iPhone to the “map” screen on the dash, no problem with the phone or music but I can’t seem to find the correct Toyota app that connects for navigation??
It’s likely my ineptitude
Don't feel bad I don't even have a smart phone, yet alone know how to use any of that crap.

From what I've recently been told having a manual truck degrades in value faster than an auto if doing a trade. Dealers don't like to resell manuals especially older ones, let alone taking one as a trade in.

From what I've recently been told having a manual truck degrades in value faster than an auto if doing a trade. Dealers don't like to resell manuals especially older ones, let alone taking one as a trade in.

not the Gen1 5-speed MANual
they are for one challenging to find
and the AT on Gen1 is only a 4speed
i have not ever driven one of those to tell the difference with what I wheel

Hi- new to Tacoma with a (new to me) 2021 SR5 after many years with Ford F150’s.
Welcome to tacomaforum.com Jim. They are a lot of great people with tons of knowledge about Tacos. By the way, have ya given your Tacoma a name yet ?

not the Gen1 5-speed MANual
they are for one challenging to find
and the AT on Gen1 is only a 4speed
i have not ever driven one of those to tell the difference with what I wheel
When I sold my tundra to a friends large repair garage, he told me the only thing thats saving my truck is the automatic transmission. If a manual with those 292k miles, it be worth zero...more if parted out. I gotta believe a gen1 manual tacoma with that many miles can't be worth a hell of a lot more, no matter what you want to believe.

How much for AT rebuild on gen1
For the MT 5vz engine it's about 1700$ at a yota shop currently in CA for the rebuilt manual transmission!
Not a bad deal at all!

Eventually you're going to end up with the most expensive 25 year old tacoma thats worth nothing.
Actually the gen1 tundra and gen1 tacoma shared many parts.

Back