New to the Taco Gang. Need help with Lift and Tires

Hey guys! My name is Marco and I just bought a 2016 TRD Sport Tacoma, man do I love that thing but I know she needs new tires and a lift. I am taking it slow with the mods as its my first time and I want to get informed first. I was told to start with a leveling kit with spacers. Hopefully achieving 3 inches of lift. Also I was advised to get some 285/70r17's. Can anybody help me confirm this will be a good fit. Thank you!

How much off-roading are you planning to do? Is the lift you're wanting to do for aesthetics or for off road ability?

How much off-roading are you planning to do? Is the lift you're wanting to do for aesthetics or for off road ability?

I am going on an off-roading trip this November in Oregon and will most likely be doing it often. I was told to just use a spacer leveling kit in the meantime while I save up for a better kit. What do you think?

Any recommendations?
Bilstien 5100’s up front set at 2.5” and a 1.5”AAL in back. It will cost about $300 more than a spacer kit.
If you get a spacer kit an above coil spacer will limit down travel and if you off-road you run a high risk of snapping shocks. An in coil spacer will prevent up travel which has less chance of breaking something but it will ride like a brick for your day to day.
Revtek makes a solid in coils spacer kit 40013 it runs about $420 with the AAL. Bilsteins 5100’s cost about $440 and an AAL is $100-200 depending on what one you get. Install cost from a shop is going to be about the same.
The day to day ride quality from the 5100’s and the capability and durability off-road is where the extra money pays for itself.

Bilstien 5100’s up front set at 2.5” and a 1.5”AAL in back. It will cost about $300 more than a spacer kit.
If you get a spacer kit an above coil spacer will limit down travel and if you off-road you run a high risk of snapping shocks. An in coil spacer will prevent up travel which has less chance of breaking something but it will ride like a brick for your day to day.
Revtek makes a solid in coils spacer kit 40013 it runs about $420 with the AAL. Bilsteins 5100’s cost about $440 and an AAL is $100-200 depending on what one you get. Install cost from a shop is going to be about the same.
The day to day ride quality from the 5100’s and the capability and durability off-road is where the extra money pays for itself.
Thank you this was a huge help!

Hello guys dont know where to post a question and recently joined the forum! i am buying a 2021 trd ive been told it comes with suspension and with some lift think it was 1.5 inches but im not sure. I am trying to fit wheels that are 17x9-12 and tyres 285/70417. Will they fit with the custom suspension kit of the 2021 trd? or will i have to add a lift kit and or do some trimming? thanks a lot for the help and sorry for asking a question in the answers sections.. couldnt find where to to post a question

Back