Newbie from norCA

rzhivago

Hi everyone

New guy here thinking of trading in my 07 SR5 TRD double cab Tundra on a new Taco. The biggest question I have is if I'm planning on getting rid of most of the stock suspension/adding a 2.5ish" lift/tricking out the truck, should I start with a really stock model? Or go for the TRD pro? On my Tundra I started with TRD and swapped the suspension for all ICON. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't just throw out a bunch of $$$. I plan to have this truck for at least 5-7 years and just want to do it right. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great forum!

I think it comes down to, do you want any off the options that come with the TRD and/or Pro package, A-Trac, locking rear diff., sport seats, Pro Grill, etc.. Since it sounds like you'll be redoing the wheels, tires & susp. you have to weigh out the differences. I went with the TRD for that reason even though down the road I will do a min. lift 2" and change the tires (not until I wear down what it came with). Just my thoughts.

I do want all those things but are the better options if I just do all those myself? IE is there a better rear locking diff etc...than what TRD builds? Thanks!!

I'm not a pro mechanic or do not have the experience with aftermarket add ons like locking diff etc., because of that I chose to go with the TRD package. This is my second one and have been very happy. What can I say? Tacoma's are AWESOME!

Welcome immplaning on moving to cali from florida what kind of wheelin you guys do out there we got nothin but mud here

Back