No jack or tool kit

Just got home with my new to me 14 model basic Tacoma, checked behind seat, and found the jack and tool kit missing. Checked on ebay, and the tool kits are available, but jacks seem scarce. Is there a source for a scissor jack that will work, my experience with the 91 yota I had a few years ago was that when you had a flat, the jack would not fit under the truck. Jim

I had a similar experience yrs ago when I bought my truck and contacted the dlr (used truck lot) and they actually had the o.e.m. toyota tool kit and bottle jack and were cool enough to give them to me at no extra charge! If you got yours private sale, then the previous owner probably kept it for some ridiculous reason.

I have a buddy in Wichita, who has a car lot, he bought the truck in OKC, and HE forgot to check. But it was such a great deal, I am not complaining. Great to have a friend in the car business.

Just got home with my new to me 14 model basic Tacoma, checked behind seat, and found the jack and tool kit missing. Checked on ebay, and the tool kits are available, but jacks seem scarce. Is there a source for a scissor jack that will work, my experience with the 91 yota I had a few years ago was that when you had a flat, the jack would not fit under the truck. Jim
Bottle jack, musta had that 91 on huge tires i assume?

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, if I had a flat, the bottle jack would not fit between the ground and the frame. Needed someone to come along and lift on the truck a little to force it under, or dig a little dirt out from under the frame. Once I was in the pasture about 3 1/2 miles from home, and got a front wheel in a badger hole, and was stuck. Thought I would jack the truck up, and the frame was right against the ground. Had to walk home.

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, if I had a flat, the bottle jack would not fit between the ground and the frame. Needed someone to come along and lift on the truck a little to force it under, or dig a little dirt out from under the frame. Once I was in the pasture about 3 1/2 miles from home, and got a front wheel in a badger hole, and was stuck. Thought I would jack the truck up, and the frame was right against the ground. Had to walk home.
Ah, ur original post had me thinking the jack was too small.
That sucks.

Back