No radio or navigation???

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by dtxpress, Oct 15, 2018.

1. dtxpress

dtxpress New Member

Turned on my taco and the radio/navigation was black or blank. Pulled the fuses, no dice. Any ideas????

Timothy h devine likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Smack the dash until it starts working? Haha, JK. Could be a loose connection or plug. Ultimately, it's A new truck with a warranty. If it gets complicated take it back and say "fix it!"

kp.taco, Bogunn and whippersnapper02 like this.
  4. brawler1588

brawler1588 Active Member

Do you still have radio sound is it possible you turned the screen off accidentally.

tman and Bogunn like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Almost has to be a loose connection or the head unit has gave up the ghost.
    Take it to the dealership either way since it’s under warranty.

kp.taco likes this.
  6. Joisey

Joisey Member

I bought my 2018 TRD off road long bed V6 on 7/16 of this year. The first week of September I had 1700 miles on the truck and was cleaning the interior. When I put the truck away I noticed that I had no clock showing. Brought it to the dealer the following day and he could find no cause so I made an appointment. By the time I brought the truck in for service, I had lost the GPS.

Long story short, the antenna wire had high resistance which fried the radio/gps/info center. The dealer replaced the antenna and wire, and the radio. Retail on the radio was $3600.00 No fuses were blown.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s a chunk of money.

8. Joisey

Joisey Member

I think the dealer saw all the profit that they made on my sale walk out the door that day, even if cost on the parts is 50% of retail.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

Don’t feel to bad. The dealer doesn’t loose any money on recalls or warranty work. They get paid by Toyota. Toyota lost some money but don’t feel to bad for them they factor that into the price of the vehicles they sale. That’s why a loaded new Tacoma is $40K not $30k.

Scott Wyman and Bogunn like this.
  10. Joisey

Joisey Member

Hopefully they'll take some of that profit and put it into a self-supporting hood on future Tacoma's

11. OR17TRD

12. Joisey

Joisey Member

Oh, I am aware of the remidies, I just think for 36 K Toyota could install them at the factory and not me after I buy the truck.

13. OR17TRD

They do that with a lot of vehicles. There is no storage under the rear seat of my 2018 tundra crewmax and the back of the seat is stationary you can’t access behind it at all. There is no where to put any tow straps, tie downs, portable air compressor, machete nothing SMH $700 for a good fix and $150 for a cheap one. And even then those are only 4” deep

14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Dang. That sucks. You’d think that with all that room in a tundra there’d be all kinds of storage.

OR17TRD likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

You’d think. SMH

Bogunn likes this.