non-ethanol gas

Series6

since I got a company car my tacoma only gets driven on weekends and vacation. Earlier in the year I decided to tank up with non-ethanol fuel since one tank might last months instead of a week or less.

On my third tank. "Daily in town" fuel economy went from 21.4 average to 22.6.

Anyone else try it? What's you experience?

I remember in Moab there is a gas station that had it and it was filled with the rock crawlers fueling up .but I just run realgas in my chainsaw and mower

The manual says we can run up to x% ethanol. Problem with it I'm told is it's hard on components when a vehicle is stored.

Ethanol by nature attracts moisture, this is what causes the issues in the fuel system. I haven't seen it anywhere but I'm wondering with the more distribution of e15 if this is what's causing the issues with the fuel pumps. When the recall was first announced the problems were more prevalent in certain geografic locations however I haven't seen any coralation between the e15 and fuel pump issues.

You're right. Vehicles not driven daily can have issues. My vehicle are driven little and are parked for 6-7 days at a time. To keep gas stable I add 1 oz per gallon of sea foam. With that being said I only do this on during the winter. Cleans injectors and keeps ethanol from collecting water in the tank. Does it work ? I haven't had any issues and vehicles run great so who knows.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Back