noob question

I just bought a 2011 Taco quad cab TRD Off Road. Since it has the factory installed tow hitch, does that also mean it has the "Towing Pkg"? Thanks.

I believe so, too! Got some pics of your truck?

Not yet, but I'll post a couple later. It's straight stock now, but in very good condition. I'll make some minor upgrades, but nothing rad planned. If I get them, rock sliders would probably be my biggest add-on.

Yes you do have the tow package. TRD sport and TRD off-road come with tow package.

Thanks. I've been looking around for VIN decoders that will give you the "window sticker" for your truck. No luck. Any ideas? Can Toyo dealers do this and do they charge for it?

I just bought a 2011 Taco quad cab TRD Off Road. Since it has the factory installed tow hitch, does that also mean it has the "Towing Pkg"? Thanks.

look at the oil filter.... is it upside down on a plate?

Does it have an aux trans cooler IF AUTOMATIC?

Those items arent usually added when dealerships throw on a hitch and say it has a tow package.

I believe so, too! Got some pics of your truck?

You can see it now in my avatar. Stock. This morning's early windstorm brought down a lot of (my neighbor's) tree limbs into my yard. So, only two days after the purchase I already got to use the open bed to haul limbs to the city dump. Nice, and I don't mean that sarcastically either. I think I am really going to like this truck. Over the last twenty-one years I've had two other personal vehicles: a cancer ridden '84 Nissan p/u and a 1997 Ford Ranger ext cab, 4 cyl, 5-speed. I'm sort of feeling like Marty McFly at the end of the first "Back to the Future" movie. :)

Yes and yes. Thanks.
Ur welcome.
Ive personally seen dealerships try to pass off base models as trd models with stickers, and also "tow packages" consisting of a hitch.

Gotta be cautious out there.

Funny enough i also seen last month, a trd sport being sold as a base model.
Some serious parts told me it wasnt a base....

Trd interior, the inverter, which are not usually added on by anyone... especially the weak ass inverter.

Course it also had color matched bumpers and mirrors, the hood skewp, the rims, and lsd diff..... but i never count on those meajing anything as they are easy to replace, paint and the lsd came as an option on the base.

Last edited:
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania!! I know my 2002 Tundra SR5 TRD came standard with the tow package!!

Back