Obd2 problems

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by pwayne7777, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:18 AM.

1. pwayne7777

pwayne7777 New Member

Ok so I have a 96tacoma 2.7 litter 4+4 and I changed the timing chain and at the same time new water pump and rebuilt the head and now it won't run unless my obd2 is plugged can somebody please tell me why and or just tell how to fix it

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    What exactly do you mean by “plugged”? Are you referring to a OBD2 scanner being plugged in?

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Did the chain break? Why did you replace it? How many miles are on it?

5. OP
    pwayne7777

pwayne7777 New Member

I replaced it cause my head gasket blew and I and I knew it hadn't been done so I thought it might be a good idea to do it all while I had it apart and I'm using a obd2 code reader that gets plugged in under the dash