Octane.......The real information

Good information. It's accurate too.

Only accurate to a point. Doesn't address the fact that e85 drastically shortens you're oil life, and most non flex vehicles don't even recommend e15 let alone e20 or e30 which Ive never heard of. The 3.5 engine is a 13 to 1 engine which by normal standards would require premium gas. Sure, do to computers and all kinds of sensors it can be chocked down to run on 87 octane. The owners manual says 87 octane or better.

Depending on where you live non ethanol can be very scarce or limited availability. I use 87 octane with Amsoil fuel treatment/stabilizer which also treats the ethanol in my yard tractor. The wife's van gets 89 octane and my Taco gets 93.

For what its worth, i've been running E87 in my gen3 tacoma since day one with no ill effects. The truck performs fine. Using any octane fuel higher when you don't need to, imo is a waste of money.

For what its worth, i've been running E87 in my gen3 tacoma since day one with no ill effects. The truck performs fine. Using any octane fuel higher when you don't need to, imo is a waste of money.
Let's be accurate, you're actually running 87 octane E10, if you were running E87 that would be 87% ethanol. No criticism on you're choice, just the terminology.

Let's be accurate, you're actually running 87 octane E10, if you were running E87 that would be 87% ethanol. No criticism on you're choice, just the terminology.
Your right, :oops: don't know what happened, but it should be E10 87. Thanks for catching the misprint.

Back